Southern California Rental Housing Association is reminding our members that there are several approaching deadlines related to AB 1482 (Tenant Protection Act of 2019). Please review these deadlines and call us at 858.278.8070 if you have additional questions.
Southern California Rental Housing Association (SCRHA) is dedicated to serving the rental housing industry, especially during these challenging times. We understand that our members are facing new challenges and we strive to respond to the changing needs of rental housing professionals.
If you are a rental housing professional who was laid off or is currently furloughed, SCRHA is here to keep you up-to-date with industry news and education opportunities. Fill out this form to share your personal contact information to receive our weekly updates and member pricing on educational classes for a limited-time only.
SCRHA PRESS RELEASES & MEDIA COVERAGE
- Commentary: California must fund its mandate to protect tenants
Watch SCRHA President Kendra Bork's Interview with KUSI
- SCRHA Press Release on Rent Strike - March 31, 2020
- 10 News San Diego - Rents, mortgage payments due amid financial hardship
- CBS 8 - Do you know what to do if you can’t make your April rent payment? You must act now
Fox 5 San Diego - Renters prepare to strike as landlords urge normal payments
- KPBS - Tenants Prepare For Rent Strike As Landlords Urge Normal Payments
- KUSI - Tenants prepare for rent strike as landlords urge normal payments
- KUSI - Advice for tenants and landlords during this pandemic
- San Diego Union-Tribune - San Diego apartment association responds to rent strike
- Times of San Diego: Landlords Say ‘Everyone Loses in a Rent Strike’ in Reply to Tenant Group’s Call
- Village News: COVID-19 crisis impacts rental housing industry, new resources help owners assist tenants
- COVID-19 Crisis Impacts Rental Housing Industry; New Resources Help Owners Assist Tenants - March 26, 2020
SCRHA continues to send email updates on COVID-19 to our members to keep you updated on local regulations, best practices, and resources during this trying time. If you are a current member and do not receive our emails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up for our newsletter using the form below. Past emails can be found by clicking on the following links.
SCRHA has added educational classes designed to help members succeed during these trying times. Reserve your spot today and learn how your business can thrive and grow.
6/08: Safely Reoccupy Your Building Amid the COVID-19 Crisis
As “shelter in place” orders are gradually lifted and people get back to businesses, organizations are confronted with figuring out how to adjust to the “new normal” of operating safely in the presence of COVID-19 to ensure the continued health and safety of the people who occupy these spaces. Focus needs to be on protecting people to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, showing diligence in controlling COVID-19 risks and protecting reputation by showing your organization can operate safely.
Needless to say, a lot has happened in the last few months. SCRHA spent the first month or so of the COVID-19 emergency lobbying on eviction moratoriums, seeking property tax relief, and advocating for direct rental assistance, amongst other actions to help the industry during unprecedented times. A wealth of resources, including eviction moratorium rules, are available on the SCRHA COVID-19 Resource page. Visit www.socalrha.org.
On April 3, the County of San Diego issued an amended order requiring employees of certain businesses like grocery stores, restaurants, and gas stations to wear face coverings.
Southern California Rental Housing Association Draws Attention Southern California Rental Housing Association Draws Attention to Rental Property Owners’ Financial Obligations
MEDIA CONTACT: Molly Kirkland 858.751.2200 | email@example.com