Enhance your understanding of rental housing with these informative classes led by industry experts. Whether you are an independent owner or property manager, our August classes will help you navigate the many challenges of operating a residential rental.
August 10, 2020 – August 26, 2020 | $900 Member | $1,100 Nonmember
8/11/2020 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM |$25 Member | $45 Nonmember
Bed bugs have been called "The Pest of the 21st Century." They were relatively scarce during the late 20th century, but have made a comeback in recent years, particularly in North America. In this course, you will:
- Learn how to identify these pest
- Remediation, and
- How to ease residents' fears.
Instructor: Lloyd Pest Control
8/20/2020 11:00 AM - 12:00 Noon | Free for Members | $34 Nonmembers
As businesses are re-opening, some properties may be struggling to understand all the COVID-19 rules they must adhere to. Join us Thursday, August 20 at 11:00 a.m. to hear from experts in the property management business. They’ll provide a brief overview of the guidelines and answer any questions you may have. Take this opportunity learn from individuals with over 25 years of property management experience. Find out what it takes to provide a safe and secure property for your tenants and staff under COVD-19 rules.
- Expectations for employees
- What a business needs to open
- Policies that should be considered
- Open hours if different
- Tour ideas
- Should you have the full team in the office or just a partial team
- Plans if more closures are announced
- Employer responsibility
- What to do if you are aware that an employee or a client has contracted COVID, what are your responsibilities
- Whether to use specialized cleaning or not, if yes how often
Panelist: Lucinda Lilley, CPM®, CAPS®, GRI®, Vice President, FBS Property Management, AMO® and Stacy Wells, Vice President of Strategic Operations - Property Management, Fairfield Residential
8/25/2020 8:30 AM – 12:45 PM Owners and Managers: $10 Members | $30 Non-Members
8:30 a.m.-9:15 a.m. Breakout Rooms
- Room 1: What is New in Fair Housing with Shanly Hopkins, Kimball, Tirey & St. John
- Room 2: Panel of Experts: Natasha Howell, Millcreek Apartments and Kayla Roeder, CPM®, ARM®, NAAEI Faculty, Cambridge Management Group, AMO® , Mark D. Feinberg, Heinz & Feinberg
9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Main Room
- Legislative Update with Molly Kirkland, Southern California Rental Housing Association and Pat Moran, Aaron Read and Associates
10:45 a.m.-11:30 a.m. —Breakout Room
- Room1: Litigation Avoidance Strategies with Lynn Dover, Kimball, Tirey & St. John and Rick Snyder, RA Snyder Properties
- Room 2: Gen X and New Renters Coming up Stage with Chelsea Kneeland, J. Turner Research
11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Main Room
- Elaine Swann Etiquette and Lifestyle Expert, Keynote Speaker
August 27, 2020 | 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. | $30 Member | $45 Nonmember
SCRHA is hosting a webinar to inform members of their obligations under AB 1482.
This class will cover:
- How much and how often you can raise rent.
- How Just Cause works and the two types.
- Which properties are exempt from the new law.
- How AB 1482 Just Cause Differs from Just Cause in the City of San Diego.