Enhance your understanding of rental housing with these informative classes led by industry experts. Whether you are an independent owner or property manager, our August classes will help you navigate the many challenges of operating a residential rental.
Small Victory Against Rent Repayment Deadline Could Lead to Larger Win
Southern California Rental Housing Association is reminding our members that there are several approaching deadlines related to AB 1482 (Tenant Protection Act of 2019). Please review these deadlines and call us at 858.278.8070 if you have additional questions.
The National Apartment Association is recently sent out a call to action to its members. If you received the email and took action, thank you for your time and efforts. If you missed it, please read the message below and take a moment to support their advocacy efforts on behalf of the rental housing industry.
COVID-19 Local Regulatory Update
Victory - SB 1190 to be Amended
You did it! Your voice was heard by Senators. SB 1190 (Durazo) passed off the Senate floor but with the promise of amendments in the Assembly that will remove the ridiculous fines for violations of AB 1482, the Tenant Protection Act of 2019. Thank you to all those who wrote to their Senator!
SB 1190 began as a bill to expand the rights of tenants who are victims of crime. While SCRHA would like to see some of that language clarified for practicality, the main concern with the bill was the addition of language that would grant local prosecutors investigative and enforcement powers for AB 1482. It would have also included the awarding of restitution and fines up to $20,000 for violations of the act.
The amendments are not yet in print, but we are pleased with this development and will continue to work on the bill as it makes its way through the Assembly.
- County of Riverside
- Coronavirus Readiness & Reopening
- Superior Court of California County of Riverside
- Riverside Tax Treasurer-Tax Collector
- Riverside County Environmental Health issues guidance on shared pools in response to coronavirus
- City of Cathedral City
- City of Coachella
- City of Desert Hot Springs
- City of Hemet
- City of Indio
- City of Indian Wells
- City of La Quinta
- City of Menifee
- City of Moreno Valley
- City of Murrieta
- City of Palm Desert
- City of Palm Springs
- City of Perris
- City of Rancho Mirage
- City of Temecula
- Guidance on Disinfection of Surfaces for COVID-19 from Department of Environmental Health (DEH)
- Resources for Employers from San Diego Employers Association
- County of San Diego
- Superior Court of California County of San Diego
- San Diego COVID-19 Community Response Fund
- San Diego County COVID-19 Text Message Alert System
- San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector
- City of San Diego Business Relief and Support
- San Diego County Department of Environmental Health Pool Program
- San Diego Covid-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- San Diego Housing Commission Covid-19 Hardship Policies
Southern California Rental Housing Association (SCRHA) is dedicated to serving the rental housing industry, especially during these challenging times. We understand that our members are facing new challenges and we strive to respond to the changing needs of rental housing professionals.
If you are a rental housing professional who was laid off or is currently furloughed, SCRHA is here to keep you up-to-date with industry news and education opportunities. Fill out this form to share your personal contact information to receive our weekly updates and member pricing on educational classes for a limited-time only.